DEV is committed to research that makes a genuine contribution to resolving major global challenges such as poverty reduction and environmental sustainability. This is not just about conducting surveys, publishing academic papers and writing books (although we do a lot of that too).
DEV researchers work very closely with a large number of organisations involved in international development, including:
- All the main UN agencies (such as the World Bank and World Health Organisation)
- All the main bilateral aid agencies (such as the Department for International Development)
- Government agencies in low and middle income countries
- International charities and NGOs (such as Oxfam and Christian Aid)
- Local NGOs and charities in low to middle income countries